Terminologija (en Terminology) is an international peer reviewed research journal of Lithuanian and general linguistic terminology. It has been published since 1994. Terminologija deals with the theory and practice of terminology, tries to cover various fields of Lithuanian terminology, to introduce the terminological experience of other countries, the newest foreign terminology ideas.
FOCUS AND SCOPE
Theoretical issues, activity principles and perspectives of terminology are researched, the good practice of the development and dissemination of terminology is provided, language and terminological sources are introduced. Efforts are made to cover various areas of the terminology, terminological realia and problems of academic and administrative texts, standardisation of terms and education of the academic language are discussed. The sources and development of modern terminology are in focus as well. The publication contains research articles, reviews, summaries of events held and activities undertaken, annotated bibliographies of the latest editions of terminology dictionaries.
The journal uses a double-blind peer review policy, each manuscript is reviewed by at least two reviewers. The review process is usually no longer than one month. The author must prepare the final version of the article in accordance with the reviews. During the peer review the following is being assessed:
- Do the title and the key words of the paper properly reflect its content?
- Are the purpose and tasks of the research appropriately formulated?
- Is the choice of methodology appropriate? Is it clearly presented in the paper?
- Is the research original, new and relevant?
- Is the chosen scientific problem researched appropriately, clearly and consistently?
- Is the structure of paper adequate?
- Are the conclusions well-grounded and sufficient? Are they formulated clearly?
- Are the tables, charts and other illustrations clear, informative and properly prepared?
- Are the references sufficient? Is the choice of sources relevant? Is the list of references comprehensive and appropriately prepared?
- Is the summary comprehensive and does it reflect the content of the paper?
- Does the language of the paper meet the requirements of academic style and grammatical accuracy?
The journal is published annually.
The journal publishes articles in Lithuanian, English and Russian.
The reader is given open access to the contents of the journal. This encourages greater knowledge sharing on a global scale.
The journal uses PlagScan software to check submitted articles for plagiarism.
The journal is indexed in the following international bibliographic databases: CEEOL, EBSCO, MLA International Bibliography, ProQuest, Lituanistika, OpenAIRE.
Publication of 20-26 issues was funded by Research Council of Lithuania.
Institute of the Lithuanian Language
Vileišio st. 5